When you work with Thrive Acupuncture and Wellness
- Work in a friendly family clinic, where you have a chance to see adult, teens, and pediatric patients.
- We do skill share once a month to learn custom herbal formulas, battlefield acupuncture, new points, moxa, ear seeds and visit about new and challenging diagnoses that we are working with.
- Apply your own creativity and playful solutions to inspire healing changes in each client and family you work with.
- Inspire clients with diet, lifestyle suggestions, custom herbal formulas, and supplements, activities, Qi Gong and more.
- Treat patients of all ages, from babies to the aging and elderly community.
- Work in a small, personal setting within a wonderful community.
Who We are Looking For
Seeking a kind, professional, patient and timely practitioner of acupuncture and herbalist to support our purpose by providing an attentive, connective and individualized experience.
This position is ideal for a practitioner who:
This position is ideal for a practitioner who:
- Prefers to work as a W9 employee in a setting where all supplies are provided and an Office Manager who handles all business aspects to include billing.
- May be interested in increasing hours to full time as client load grows.
- Will start with a a minimum of 10 - 20 patients a week.
Acupuncturist Position Details
- Job begins at 24 hours per week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday (8 hours per day)
- May increase to 40 hours as patient work load increases.
- 50% commission per session
- Earning potential of $35 - $70 per hour. *This is an approximate range based on current commission rates, but not a guaranteed pay rate.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
- Patient, kind, compassionate, creative and non-judgmental
- Interested in treating both adults and children
- Responsive, gentle, respectful and professional in written and verbal communication
- Culturally competent and open to working with all races, religions, ages, socioeconomic background, gender identities and sexual orientations.
- Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to mental health issues and physical disabilities.
- Team oriented, skill share, open to learning new skill sets
- Knowledgeable, passionate and creative with use of herbal formulations
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Acupuncture (NCCAOM)
- CAQH Accredited - will need this to get VA credentials. This can be acquired after hire as it is a lengthy process.
Treatment Responsibilities (starts at 24 hours/week)
- Develop individual treatment plans and strategies
- Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients' anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments, such as intradermal needles, moxibustion, EStim, gua sha, or tuina.
- Insert needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
- Treat patients using tools, such as needles, cups, ear press spheres and seeds, acupressure, herbs or nutritional supplements according to the scope of their practice. Willing to receive training in tools listed above if necessary.
- Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Eastern medicine traditions.
- Educate patients on topics; such as meditation, ergonomics, stretching, exercise, nutrition the healing process, breathing, or relaxation techniques as needed.
- Dispense herbal formulas and inform patients of dosages and frequencies, treatment duration, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Collect medical histories and general health and lifestyle information from patients.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of treatment, health care plans and prognoses.
- Assess patients' general physical appearance to make diagnoses.
- Formulate herbal preparation to treat conditions considering herbal properties, such as tast, toxicity, effects of preparation, contraindications, and incompatibilities.
- Apply heat therapy to patients using materials, such as moxibustion, heat pads, or heat lamps.
- Consider Western medical procedures in health assessment, health care team communication, and care referrals.
- Conduct all transactions compliant with HIPAA protocols.
- Maintain and comply with federal, state and county quality, safety environmental, infection control and CO9VID-19 policies and procedures as established by OSHA, HIPAA, NCCAOM and Thrive Acupuncture and Wellness.
- Treat all patients with kindness, humor and transparency.
This timeline is subject change based on COVID-19 pandemic or other economic factors.
- Interviews: September 2021
- Phone interview will be conducted.
- In-person interview for top candidates.
- Selection of candidate for position targeted September 30th, 2021.
- Start date October 1, 2021 or earlier if possible.